Chill Fitness for Kids has served over 2,000 students since 2016. What began as a six week summer program later evolved into year round programming providing personal and academic growth for scholars.
CHILL Fitness for Kids provides K-12th graders with activities focusing on creating a healthier lifestyle through:
• Fitness training activities & goal setting
• Mindfulness activities & mental health awareness
• Healthy behaviors coaching & nutrition education
• Connecting families to services to address food insecurity
• Parent CHILL Nights to build community with families, better understand needs and lead them through the Restorative Practice Circle process.
CFFK ran four days a week: Monday and Wednesday focused on fitness, while Tuesday and Thursday were for health/nutrition. The program is Ied by a Iicensed dietitian with more than 30 years of experience working in hospital settings. Her last position was Director at Mount Saint in St. Louis Park.
Families are also engaged in fun, intentional physical activity and play during our Annual Health and Wellness Resources Fair and weekly Parent Empowerment Workshops. Studies show that healthy, active youth learn better, perform better academically and experience fewer behavioral problems. Our goal at MN Chill Fitness for Kids is to use physical movement and health education to empower our students in every way.